Get in touch - start your free trial today!
Reach out for any questions on our Enterprise plan, pricing, or security. Chat with an enterprise collaboration specialist.
I would recommend Nanonets to companies who need an accurate and well functioning Passport OCR solution with great support, reasonable pricing, and flexible plans.
- Kim, Product Operations Manager
Slow Turnaround Time, Low Accuracy Rates
Manually keying passports added costs, complexities and errors that affected downstream lines of businesses.
Classic Enter Manually vs Buy Dilemma
Significant time was spent on manually extracting data by the agents, and experimenting with existing traditional data capture tools.
Focus on product = global scale
Renewed focus on customer experience - with faster and easier onboarding
Transformed Passport Processing Operations
Improved operational efficiency and productivity, with performance improvements over time as ML trains on new data
Minnesota based Construction Company
Construction and Demolition
Table Extraction, Accurate Automation, Integration with Accounting Software
Renewed focus on customer experience and onboarding more clients
Nanonets client Tay Kim is the Product Operations Manager of Expatrio Global Services GmbH, an end to end relocation solution for expatriates and international students who want to move to Germany. The complete digital solution, approved by the German Federal Foreign Office, sets its customers up with the German visa essentials of a blocked account and in getting health insurance - both conveniently secured while in their home country.
As Kim explains, "Expatrio is the holistic digital end-to-end relocation solution eliminating the prevalent pain throughout the relocation value chain by combining a unique individual check-up with possible direct contract conclusion for all necessary products and services."
We facilitate superior customer experience by putting design first and enabling the customer to take care of relocation preparation prior to arriving in Germany.
The company minimizes the exposure to paper-pushing bureaucracy & redtape, to make moving countries simple. But, the company itself needed a solution to eliminate/minimize inefficiencies in its internal processes.
As part of its end-to-end service, Expatrio performs pre-verification services for the passports of its users.
Although automated border controls are becoming more commonplace in many countries such as the US, the reality is that passports generally tend to equal paper. And paper? That still usually means manual processes, which are often completely inefficient.
1. The traditional process of manually keying information typically involves multiple employees - some manually entering relevant data into the data entry software, and then several reviewers verifying the entry with the document, before the document data is accepted.
2. The traditional process was expensive and time consuming. With larger volumes of passports, scaling this became difficult as the only way to do this was with more employees, and they had to be trained for the work on the job.
This process was being done manually by our agents. It took too much time, while also involving the potential for human error.
3. Additionally, often ID documents do not fit to one uniform template or layout, making global verification more complicated and a challenge for rule-based solutions.
4. The photographs used in the documents were mostly of low quality, not aligned and not adhering to standards. This makes creating an internal OCR solution extremely difficult, expensive, and likely, not as accurate.
The team was looking to replace this traditional approach with a more efficient one - to mitigate costs and deliver high quality data as quickly as possible.
A great product and amazing customer support. Their response time was amazing. They went an extra mile to figure a plan that helps us scale our business.
NanoNets’ solution uses OCR technology to read the customer’s passport.
This is done by scanning the passport by the user.
The data is extracted.
NanoNets technology could be applied to Passport verification incredibly well:
1. NanoNets provided a proven, high-quality solution which can handle a wide variety of different international formats.
2. The client could capture as many fields of data as they wished, and present this in any way they require.
3. NanoNets was also perfectly suited to the ID verification needs of the business, due to its ability to correct the orientation of images, as well as working with both images and PDFs.
4. The automated solution streamlined passport processing operations. All the data was extracted and presented automatically, with a success rate of 95% per field.
In real terms, this results in a reduction of manual work from the human agents of around the same 95% per field - saving the company huge amounts of time and money.
5. This OCR technology by Nanonets has also been used in a number of industries in which it is crucial to confirm someone’s identity, such as in financial services, travel and telecoms. And not just for verifying large datasets, but for spotting counterfeit passports and for matching the passport photo in the document to an image taken on a smartphone, tablet or webcam, for example.
By using Nanonets AI rather than verifying data manually, organizations have also been able to vastly reduce the risk of human errors in these judgments of confirmation.
Originally, Expatrio came to NanoNets because it had the exact OCR artificial intelligence expertise the company was looking for, with no extra frills or charges. Or, as Kim puts it -
Nothing overly done or provided which would normally cause unnecessary costs.
We were always able to receive full support from NanoNets. The team did their best to fulfil our needs and feedback, and also kept to their promise of providing value to our supply chain.
Expatrio was able to overcome their exact business challenged by implementing Nanonets technology, high level of service and leveraging their Machine Learning expertise into their passport verification process.
Here are a few other features that stood out from the crowd:
Easy to use and flexible UI
ML that learns & retrains continuously
Seamless automated workflows with any tool or software
Requires almost no post-processing
Handles common data constraints with ease
Works with multiple languages
Requires no in-house team of developers
While manual passport verification can be far more expensive in the long-term than investing in automation, Expatrio were also sold on Nanonets’ affordable costs.
The pricing plans were well prepared, with reasonable services and costs.
With a click of a button on my app, anybody in my team, at anytime, can upload a picture of a passport and it will automatically be added to our software for verification. All documents are now nicely organised.
- Kim , Product
Choosing NanoNets was just the start when it came to transforming Expatrio’s passport verification services. By implementing NanoNet’s OCR technologies, the company has been able to achieve much faster sign-up processing for its customers.
The successes go beyond just speed, though.
1. The NanoNets OCR technology allows the reliable verification of passport expiry dates, issue dates, and a date of birth check, as well as a verification of the document’s codified MRZ number against the captured text. All of this information was able to be implemented as rules directly into the NanoNets software, ensuring that the company could eliminate the risk of fraudulent documents, as well as streamline the process.
2. The Expatrio team needed to undertake less repetitive work, saving them many days of long, manual labor and reduced costs, after the implementation of Nanonets OCR.
3. Another benefit of the new technology for the company has been in nurturing a higher level of employee productivity and efficiency - a perfect example of our philosophy that your software should work for you.
4. Now, the members of the Expatrio team have the time available to take better care of their customers and share their renewed sense of fulfilment in their work and excitement for the tasks at hand with them.
The Expatrio team says that given their successes in applying automation to their manual tasks, they would recommend Nanonets AI-powered technology to companies looking for similar results. As Kim explains, “I would recommend Nanonets to companies who need an accurate and well functioning OCR solution with great support, reasonable pricing, and flexible plans.”
Now, for both the team at Expatrio, and their customers, international relocating has truly never been so simple!
Discover how NanoNet’s innovative AI automation can improve your business today at nanonets.com. If you want to try Expatrio’s AI-powered passport verification and relocation services for yourself, head to expatrio.com.