Top 10 Best PDF To Excel Converters In 2023
In today's fast-paced world, data is king. And when it comes to sharing, managing or working with data, PDF and Excel are the most common choices. Both of them have their benefits and cons. PDFs are great for sharing or view the data but not for analyzing the data. At the same time, Excel is the go-to tool for automating and processing data.
However, converting PDF to Excel manually or without tools is time-consuming, error-prone, and not a very productive way to convert data.
That's where PDF to Excel converters come in. These handy tools automate converting PDF files into Excel spreadsheets, saving you time and effort. But with so many PDF to Excel converters available online, how do you know which one to choose?
To help you make an informed decision, we've researched and tested the top 10 PDF to Excel converters on the market.
Top 10 PDF to Excel Converters in 2023
Nanonets is an AI-based OCR software that can extract text and tables from PDFs, scanned images, or any other kind of document in seconds. Nanonets offers a free PDF to Excel converter for one-time uses & this tool can extract tables with 98%+ accuracy! It’s free and easy to use.
The Pro version, Nanonets, is primarily used to automate all manual data entry processes. So, using Nanonets, you can automate data extraction, document processing, and document verification processes to improve efficiency.
- Easy to use
- Free plans
- Modern User Interface - Intuitive interface
- No code platform
- 5000+ integrations
- 24x7 support for everyone
- Exhaustive training material
- Professional OCR services
- Cloud and On-premise hosting
- Does not export in docx format
- Need to pay for on-premise hosting
How to use Nanonets PDF to Excel Converter?
- Go to Nanonets PDF to Excel Tool
- Upload your PDF file or drag and drop your PDF file into the box.
- Select “Convert to Excel” to start the PDF conversion process.
- After a few seconds, your Excel file will be automatically downloaded.
#2. TalkHelper PDF Converter
This PDF Converter is one of the best PDF to Excel converters that convert the data into an Excel sheet by changing the basic features such as format, fonts, color, images, tables, etc. In addition, it allows the users to extract specific information from the files and convert it into Excel format.
Pros of TalkHelper PDF Converter:
- Comes with in-built OCR tool
- Offers high-quality output
- Converts the pdf file into Excel easily and quickly
Cons of TalkHelper PDF Converter:
- It functions in Windows only
- The premium feature is costly
- Hard-to-use interface
- The screen freezes while copying and pasting the data.
#3. Able2Extract Professional
Able2Extract Professional is a pdf to Excel converter that works on AI features and offers accurate and quick results. Moreover, it allows the users to edit and customize the files as per the need of the organization.
Pros of Able2Extract Professional:
- Provides accurate results
- Enables the users to edit the files
- It offers OCR technology
Cons of Able2Extract Professional:
- Offers only a few OCR languages
- Should improve the GUI
- It can be a little difficult to edit the row breaks
- The OCR does not support some fonts.
#4. Adobe Acrobat
Adobe Acrobat pdf to Excel converter offers users to convert pdf files into Excel format with all the features in the original format. In addition, it provides the facility of working both online as well as offline and can be saved easily.
Pros of Adobe Acrobat:
- Easy and use
- Offers high-quality output
- It comes with the OCR feature
- It can be operated from anywhere
Cons of Adobe Acrobat:
- The premium feature is a bit expensive
- Saving files may take a lot of time
- It may be hard to find the features required
- The UI should be enhanced
- Should offer customizable plans for companies
- It could take a lot of time to load the documents.
#5. Nitro Pro
Nitro Pro is a PDF-to-Excel converter that offers accurate results. It allows the users to convert the pdf files into Excel formats in the original form, such as fonts and other things such as text, images, tables, etc. Moreover, it also allows users to convert multiple pdf files simultaneously.
Pros of Nitro Pro:
- It comes with an office-like interface
- Offers the original formatting
- Offers to edit pdf features
Cons of Nitro Pro:
- Should offer a user-friendly format
- Limited features in the free version
- It should come with better font choices
- Users may face formatting issues while converting the files
- The system may hang while saving the files.
#6. Cogniview PDF2XL
Cogniview PDF2XL is a pdf to excel converter that helps to extract the data from the pdf files using a scanner and converts it into Excel format. This software works with 130 OCR languages. It also allows users to edit and share files easily.
Pros of Cogniview PDF2XL:
- It comes with an OCR feature
- Enables the users to customize the output
- It comes in 130 OCR languages
Cons of Cogniview PDF2XL:
- The free version does not offer OCR features
- The premium feature is expensive
- Does not offer customization features for pdf files.
- Does not come with a security feature for pdf files.
#7. Wondershare PDFelement
Wondershare PDFelement is a pdf to Excel converter that converts pdf files into various formats other than Excel, such as Word, ppt, etc. Moreover, Wondershare PDFelement allows users to edit and save the text with a password to secure the data from piracy attacks.
Pros of Wondershare PDFelement:
- The software comes with editing features
- Cones with automatic OCR feature
- Offers flexible pricing options
Cons of Wondershare PDFelement:
- The free version does not offer OCR feature
- The free version shows the watermark in the final document
- Some basic features are not available
- The Android version is not available
- It takes a lot of time while loading
iLovePDF is a pdf to Excel converter that functions online and can be operated on your PC. The best feature of this software is that it allows you to convert several pdf files altogether. Therefore, it helps to save a lot of time and effort for the employees. Moreover, it provides accurate and quick conversion outcomes making it one of the best software.
Pros of iLovePDF:
- It comes with the OCR technology
- It can be used on multiple platforms
- Comes with several features essential for the functioning of the software.
Cons of iLovePDF:
- The free version comes with limited features
- It does not provide an online storage facility
- The mailing feature to share files is also limited
- It does not allow editing and customizing, as this feature is limited to some extent
#9. Soda PDF
Soda Pdf is another popular PDF to excel converter that works on your PC. It is easy to install and comes with almost every essential feature required in the organization. This pdf to Excel converter helps perform various functions such as creating, editing, converting, etc.
Pros of Soda Pdf:
- It is easy to use
- Allows merging of various files into one
- It can be accessed online
- It comes with editing and reviewing features
Cons of Soda Pdf:
- It does not come with good customer support
- The Url to PDF function does not work adequately.
- It does not function on mobile
- It can be hard to locate files after converting them.
- It takes a lot of time while loading
#10. Foxit PhantomPDF
Foxit PhantomPDF can function offline and be operated on a PC or scanner. Moreover, it can easily and conveniently convert pdf files into many formats such as ExceWordord, text, image, HTML, etc. That is, it provides an all-in-one function of converting the data into many formats.
Pros of Foxit PhantomPDF:
- Simple to install and use
- Can convert pdf files using scanners, clipboard, etc., to Excel.
- Comes with various additional features for smooth functioning
Cons of Foxit PhantomPDF:
- The UI design feature is difficult to use.
- It may take a little more time in the conversion process.
- There may be line breaks sometimes during conversion.
- It does not incorporate OCR technology.
- It lacks many features that may be important for basic functioning.
Nanonets for Efficient PDF to Excel Conversion
While PDF to Excel converter tool is an excellent choice for converting some documents on the go, if your business has a regular requirement to convert PDF to Excel, it is best to go for an automated data extraction platform like Nanonets, which can convert data from PDF to Excel accurately at a large scale.
Nanonets is an intelligent document processing platform that uses AI, ML/DL, OCR, RPA, and NLP to extract data and tables from PDFs with 98% accuracy & more.
Nanonets can handle complex tabular data; parse excels data efficiently, convert PDF to Excel in batches with batch OCR options, and extract data from native PDFs and scans, images, and multi-page documents.
Here's how Nanonets can convert PDF bank statements into editable Excel file:
Feel free to check out our other tools:
- PDF to Excel
- PDF to CSV
- Image to Text
- Searchable PDF
- PDF to JSON
- PDF to XML
- PDF OCR
- Barcode Scanner
- QR Code Scanner
- Website Scraper
- Image to Excel
Special shoutout to our new AI tools:
In this blog, we saw the top 10 PDF to Excel converters that you can use to convert PDFs into editable Excel files efficiently. Every tool has a free trial, so make an informed choice by checking how every tool works in detail.
However, investing in an enterprise OCR software solution like Nanonets makes sense if you look to convert PDF to Excel regularly. Nanonets is used by enterprises worldwide to extract text and tables from images; PDFs scanned documents, and more with a simple-to-use, intuitive & no-code platform.