10 Best BPM Tools for your business in 2023 and beyond
Automation is not a choice but a must for businesses these days. Choosing the correct software that fits your requirement is a tedious and difficult decision.
We’re here to make the decision easier for you. Right off the bat, here are our top 3 picks for the best BPM Tools in 2023
In this post, I'll discuss 10 top BPM tools on the market and help you choose the right one. Read on.
10 Best BPM Tools for your business in 2023
- Process Street
- Kissflow Workflow
- IBM Cloud Package
- Zoho Creator
Here's how they compare against each other on multiple features.
What is a BPM Tool?
Business process management (BPM) is managing a company's business processes, enhancing efficiency, establishing procedures, identifying areas for improvement, and optimizing the execution of these processes. There are several advantages to deploying a BPM tool in your organization.
BPM tools can enhance customer service by guaranteeing that each consumer has the same experience, whether filing a support request or contacting your business. It can also reduce costs by identifying and eliminating duplicate activities from the process. The market for business process management tools is increasing, as shown by the statistics below.
BPM Tools Market Size Statistics
Consider the following facts if your firm is considering the implementation of a Business Process Management Solution:
- In 2020, the business process management tools market was worth USD 10.64 billion.
- The market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 12.0% between 2021 and 2028, rising from USD 11.84 billion in 2021 to USD 26.18 billion in 2028.
- Clients adopting business process management indicate that BPM platforms yield 30 to 50% productivity increases for processes involving largely back-office professionals and generally 15 to 30 percent for processes requiring knowledge workers.
However, business process management (BPM) is one of the most challenging responsibilities a manager could confront. You may wonder how to develop, plan, execute, monitor, and optimize business processes that provide more returns than the existing ones.
Several BPM tools are available in the market, including business software suites and cloud-based workflow solutions. How would you make the decision? In detail below, look at the pros and cons of the top 10 business process management software.
11 Best BPM Tools for your business in 2023 and Beyond
As mentioned earlier, selecting the best business process management software can create a lot of differences. We hope our list can help you select the best BPM tool that suits all your requirements.
#1. Nanonets [Start your free trial]
Nanonets is a no-code BPM tool that automates any business process without writing a single line of code. The platform has an excellent OCR API that identifies documents, handwritten notes, or blurry scanned images and converts them into text with >95% accuracy.
Automated workflows allow you to collect, digitize, validate, extract, and approve documents. Nanonets can integrate with 5000+ business software with easy API integrations or Zapier.
Below are some of the great features that make Nanonets an excellent choice for business process automation.
- Intelligent Data Capture: Nanonets help businesses digitize and extract relevant information from these documents using intelligent OCR API.
- Automated Workflows: Accelerate the pace of business processes by automating all manual steps like document collection, document verification, 3-way matching, approvals workflows, and more.
- Real-time Dashboards: Use expense dashboards to monitor spending, tag expenses, and understand real-time trends. Monitor relevant KPIs like %STP invoices, %paid invoices, etc., with data from Nanonets.
- Cloud & On-Premise hosting options: Choose the hosting option that suits your requirements.
- Integrations: Nanonets integrates with all your software with easy Zapier and API integrations.
- Templates & Custom Models: With Nanonets, you can either use pre-defined workflows like invoices, bills of lading, purchase orders, or accounts payable, or you can create your own custom AI mode.
- Transparent Pricing: Nanonets has a clear pricing policy of $499/month and $0.1/document scan. No hidden charges for any customer.
- Trained OCR models
- 24x7 support and live chat options
- Can’t handle very high volume spikes (Our team is working on it!)
- Table capture UI can be better
- Reporting can be better
Monday provides specialized BPM tools that offer industry-specific solutions for various sectors. Monday's business process management software enables users to work on campaigns, arrange activities, and assess results from a single interface.
Pricing: Starts from $9/seat/month
Best for: Business Process Management for large enterprises
- Easy-to-use interface
- Visual dashboarding and chart types
- Business process templates for an easy start off
- Low customization options
- Xero integration is not available
- No live chat support
- Long onboarding process
- Dates are required for every tasks dependency
- Workflows are at a nascent stage
Pipefy is a low-code automation platform that creates scalable, secure, and efficient business processes. Pipefy allows teams to become productive by streamlining flow of information across organization using no-code automated workflows.
Pricing: Starts from $19/user/month
Best for: Business Process Automation
- Great organizational templates
- Real-time notifications for stakeholders
- Easy Personalization
- Good start guides
- Easy to use
- Reporting and analytics are non-intuitive
- Mobile App is quirky
- Difficult to see comments on cards
- Not a user-friendly interface
- Additional customization options can be needed
- Integrations with dashboards can be difficult to use
Switch to Nanonets, an easy-to-use, no-code free BPM software that allows you to automate your process in 15 minutes.
Hive is a business process management tool that makes teams productive with efficient project task tasking across teams. Teams can monitor their progress using multiple views like Kanban, Gnatt, Table and Calendar view. Hive can also automate mundane back-end tasks with basic workflow capabilities.
Pricing: Starts from $12/user/month
Best for: Business Project Management for small businesses
- Flexible software
- Time Tracking
- Custom Features
- Information Integration
- Project Flow Tracking
- No process templates
- Customizations increase the prices
- No Mobile App
- Multiple files cannot be attached to a project request
Appian combines enterprise low-code and full-stack automation to produce BPM tools swiftly. Appian is a development environment for corporate software applications. Intelligent Business Process Management Systems (iBPMS), Dynamic Case Management (DCM), Digital Process Automation (DPA), Robotics Process Automation (RPA), and Low-code Development are examples of Appian use cases.
Pricing: Available on request
Best for: Business Process Automation
- Complex capabilities
- Easy to Develop workflows
- Intelligent case management
- Feature-rich platform to create digital processes
- Low code platform
- Long setup time
- Non-intuitive software
- High Cost
- Limited features on reporting
- Difficult to integrate
- Version Management is difficult
Nothing is difficult with Nanonets. Creating models, connecting your software, extracting data, or automating your manual processes. More than 30k+ users. Give it a try for free or connect with a specialist.
Signavio is a robust platform and BPM software that facilitates the transformation of all of your processes with the appropriate tools. The all-in-one BPM platform is exceptionally configurable and includes several helpful features for optimizing process documentation, automation, and analysis.
Pricing: Available on request
Best for: Custom Business Process Requirements
- Easy data mapping
- Professional reporting templates
- Easy integrations
- No Workflow feature
- Slow support
- Limits of reporting functions
- Can’t accommodate complex business processes
- No user community
#7. Process Street
With the Process Street BPM software, you can generate procedural documents with easy keyboard shortcuts, drag-and-drop capabilities, and straightforward U.I. You can quickly construct workflows, execute processes, and distribute them to all relevant stakeholders.
Pricing: Starts from $25/user/month
Best for: Project Management for small businesses
- Multiple Templates
- Easy to record and track processes
- Gives an overview with easy dashboards
- Checklists are easy to alter
- Not enough features to edit templates
- The reporting tool is not advanced
- Variables required for complex and tailored experiences
- Not an easy-to-use for complex procedures
- Unable to set permissions to tasks and processes
Kissflows provides a feature-packed BPM tool that allows you to optimize, manage, and monitor progress of projects and team tasks in realt-time. This BPM software is a clever blend of low-code process and project management tools that provide sufficient customization choices without needing in-depth coding expertise.
Pricing: Starts from $500/month
Best for: Project Management
- Drag-and-Drop Workflow Builder
- Highly Effective Forms
- Automated Incident Managements.
- Holds individuals responsible for their purchases.
- Difficulty exporting reports to personal email
- Slow technical support
- Inability to access previous purchase orders to examine or clean away
- Outdated UI
- Better experience on the app required
- No copy/paste capability when establishing a process
- Unable to skip parts if it's a mandatory field
- Occasionally displays error messages
- Difficult to implement changes
- Difficult to migrate
IBM Cloud Paks is a modular suite of hybrid cloud-optimized integrated applications intended to address complex operational concerns swiftly. It has a collection of AI-powered automation capabilities – content, capture, choices, processes, and tasks – and a flexible paradigm that enables customers to start small and grow as their requirements change.
Pricing: Available on request
Best for: Business Project Automation for enterprises
- Built-in A.I. generated recommendations
- Low-code tooling and RPA
- Process mining and modelling
- Needs more OCR Models
- Expensive as compared to other software
- Requires a lot of training and workforce
- Significant downtime for upgrades
- Old APIs
- Difficult to transfer data
- Slow during peak hours
- Cannot handle large volumes at peak hours of office time
- Outdated UI interface
#10. Zoho Creator
With its easy low-code platform, Zoho enables organizations to establish a digital work environment. Zoho Creator provides a BPM platform to help your company go digital, regardless of your needs or degree of coding proficiency. Zoho provides an environment comprised of simple process builders, code editors, and pre-built templates — all in one package.
Pricing: Starts from $15/user/month
Best for: Business Project Manager for small businesses
- Visual modelling tools
- Drag-and-drop interface for application development
- Platform security safeguards to prevent malware, data breaches, etc
- Platform Scalability
- Layout customizations are minimal
- Integrations can be tricky
- Costly for large number of users
Best Business process management software recap
Please check the image in order to recap all the major features of the BPM tools mentioned in the article. In order to finalize your business process management tool, we would recommend trying a free trial of all the software mentioned and seeing results for yourself.
Which is the best BPM tool?
According to the feature sets mentioned, Nanonets is the best choice for a BPM tool. Nanonets are easy to use, customizable has an easy-to-use graphic user interface, and have active support for your requirements.
7 January 2023: The blog has been updated on 7 January 2023 with relevant fresh content.