Top data entry software to automate data entry in 2023
Data entry software has become indispensable to modern businesses. With today’s professionals losing at least a quarter of their workweek on manual data entry and data collection, this isn’t just an annoyance. It’s an expensive toll on efficiency and accuracy, a lingering relic from less connected times.
However, the capabilities of modern data entry software stretch far beyond just saving time; they are redefining efficacy and precision in data management. They are bringing intelligent automation and real-time synchronization to the forefront.
Data entry software can capture, transform, and sync data across multiple applications in real-time, so you have no data discrepancies.
But how do you choose the right data entry solution for your team? This article compares the top 10 data entry software options available and helps you identify the best one for your company.
What is data entry software?
Data entry software is a transformative tool that streamlines the capture and export of information into your database, accounting software, or CRM systems. For example, it enables you to capture and extract data from invoices to QuickBooks, saving time and reducing errors.
This technology speeds up data handling and enhances accuracy, ensuring that insights derived from your data are reliable and actionable. By adopting data entry software, you can turn your focus to strategic analysis and decision-making, leaving the repetitive data shuffling to automated, intelligent processes.
Explore how these tools can revolutionize your workflows and unlock productivity on levels previously unattainable with traditional methods here.
Top data entry software for advanced automation in 2023
Nanonets can extract data from PDFs, documents, and handwritten documents using in-built OCR software with 95% accuracy. Nanonets also integrates with 5000+ applications via API and Zapier.
This makes Nanonets a perfect choice for AI-powered data entry software. With the best OCR software and advanced workflow, Nanonets can seamlessly capture data from incoming sources, and export transformed data flawlessly with in-app integrations.
With the easy-to-use interface, you can automate any manual process in <15 minutes.
Rating: 4.9 on Capterra
Best For Manual Data Entry Automation from documents to ERP, Accounting software & Databases
- Automatically structure and extract data from forms, PDFs, scanned documents, and handwritten documents with a few clicks.
- Capture unstructured data from any document with 95% accuracy.
- Automate data entry processes with workflows. You can also automate approval processes, invoicing, and expense management.
- Perfect for data enrichment or data enhancement.
- Migrate data or integrate data from 5000+ applications with easy API connections and Zapier.
Pros of using Nanonets
- Intuitive user interface
- Can understand 200+ languages
- Forever Free Plan
- Transparent pricing - Check Pricing Plans
- Automated workflows that allow for automatic data processing
- Customizable as per your requirements
- 24x7 support
- 5000+ integrations to import data easily
- Great OCR API for the dev team
Nanonets has helped over 500+ enterprises improve their data entry processes while reducing their costs and time required and improving productivity.
Docparser is a comprehensive document management solution for small industries and enterprises. Document parsing is conducted using a clear built-in text recognition or OCR engine. The pre-processing capacities comprise image processing, cropping, resizing, and auto-rotation.
- Supports QR scanning, barcode recognition, and OCR.
- Cloud-enabled sharing through Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Custom Parsing capacities.
- Multi-lingual support.
Pros of using Docparser:
- Intuitive Platform
- Good for template-based data extraction
Cons of using Docparser:
- No phone support
- Costs increase exponentially for large batches
- Not great for new types of documents
- Quality is highly dependent on the quality of images. Fuzzy matching could be better.
- Handwriting text recognition isn't accurate
#3. FoxTrot RPA
Foxtrot RPA is another data entry software that can automate data entry processes using RPA workflow automation. Foxtrot RPA adds intelligent automation to automate manual tasks by observing keystrokes or mouse movements.
Additionally, the data entry system can simplify data capture, data wrangling, and export for non-technical users. Also, with Foxtrot RPA, you can effortlessly receive your Excel tables and data without encountering any missing fields.
- Image capture
- Fit and merge your data
- Delivers a complete catalog of mathematical formulas
- Stimulates data management capabilities like discovery, data cleaning, and retrieval
Pros of using FoxTrot RPA:
- Automate PC data entry processes with a screen recording feature.
- It allows you to custom code, SQL, and PowerShell, which expands its functionality.
Cons of using FoxTrot RPA:
- Lacks integrations into Adobe, SharePoint, and other products
- Getting data into the system is difficult
- Needs improvement in execution and control
- Doesn't work properly with browsers
Docsumo is a document processing solution that facilitates operation teams to extract data accurately.
- Intelligent data capture and transport
- Data Quality Control and Replication
- Email and IP Address Extraction
- Abbreviation Detection
- Data Aggregation
Pros of using Docsumo:
- Simplistic UI.
- Customizable OCR API.
Cons of using Docsumo:
- The API documentation must comprise more details.
- UI should be more intuitive.
- A complex reporting system would make it better.
- Docsumo doesn't process handwritten papers.
#5. Nintex RPA
Nintex RPA is a cloud-based data entry system to automate manual procedures as well as data assignments.
Pros of using Nintex RPA:
- Foxtrot provides extreme flexibility in actions against disparate networks.
- Simple interface which does not need substantial prior knowledge to operate.
- Friendly and intelligent customer service agents.
Cons of using Nintex RPA:
- License expenses can be costly if you build multiple forms and workflows.
- Lacks major data integrations
- The software requires rigorous testing for its templates.
Docupilot is a document automation software. Docupilot allows you to create documents from intelligent templates and sends the documents as email or to your favorite apps like Dropbox, DocuSign, and Zapier.
Pros of using Docupilot
- Best for document generation
- Integrates with Microsoft Office
- Easy to Use
Cons of using Docupilot
- Outdated UI
- Not apt to edit the document on the outlet; instead, editing in Word on the desktop and then uploading
- Adds a little time to the overall distraction.
- Better if more integrations are available
- The UI of the product is not up to the mark
Klippa delivers automated document management, classification, processing, and data extraction solutions to digitize paper documents in your organization. Klippa can automatically extract data, classify, convert and verify documents with document workflows.
Pros of using Klippa:
- Great OCR API
- Extremely fast to setup an MVP
- Assistance can develop specific document templates
Cons of using Klippa:
- Customization options are limited.
- Can't configure OCR models by themselves.
- OCR recognition is not up to the mark
- Making bulk adjustments is tricky
#8. Google Document AI
Google Document AI utilizes machine learning and natural language processing to automatically process documents. Document AI uses deep-learning neural system algorithms to recognize character, text, and image recognition in about two hundred languages with incredible accuracy.
- Deep Learning Neural Network integration
- Cloud-vision OCR
- Greater precision for unstructured data extraction
Pros of using Google Document AI:
- A simplistic user interface assures seamless navigation.
- Decent decision-making with document data.
- Automate data to improve the efficiency of workflows.
Cons of using Google Document AI:
- Customization of prevailing libraries and modules is boring and takes time and experience.
- Lacks advanced features
- Absence of assistance for Python and many other coding languages.
- The API expenses add up rapidly during the setup procedure.
Grooper is a document automation and processing platform that helps industries in the expertise of finance, healthcare, legal and other areas. Grooper processes and extracts data from several sources, such as MS Word documents, PDFs, emails, and additional digital sources.
- Data archiving
- Data supply chain management
- Image processing
- Data profiling
- Data discovery and extraction
- Natural language processing
- Data quality control
Pros of using Grooper:
- Feature-packed software
- Very little downtime
- Image recognition is great.
Cons of using Grooper:
- Outdated UI
- Difficult to navigate
- OCR results are inaccurate frequently.
- Not for small businesses
- Need to know programming to use the software
The best data entry software
We’ve looked at all the best data entry platforms in the market today. There are many notable mentions like Jotform, Zoho, and Veryfi. We’ve compared the features of the top 10 data entry software companies in the snapshot below:
Our best picks for data entry software are:
Must-have features of data entry software
Once data arrives in your network, it must be organized in a way that makes it beneficial and efficient. Data classification equipment will do this for you, seizing the data you enter and restoring it into a layout that will be more useful for your future use and examination.
Sometimes you are not just manually feeding data but instead required to take poorly structured or unstructured data sources and turn them into something useful. Data extraction devices can enable you to take unstructured data and process and categorize it to utilize it in your industry.
Data cleaning seizes an occurring set of data (record set, a table, database, etc.) and scans through it to examine for specific stipulated errors, blank spots, and inconsistencies.
Data validation is a procedure conducted during data entry, assuring that the data will not require to be cleaned later by assessing it as it is entered initially. In exercise, this implies tools in the system will ensure that you are averting common data entry errors and that your data is correct and valuable.
Some industries need to stock visual data as much as text-based data. For those corporations, specific data entry networks will enable you to scan in images stored with the remaining of your data. In expansion, some advanced document scanning software can scan physical data sets and spreadsheets and convert them into valuable data in your system.
Almost all devoted data entry software will enable you to build custom forms that will inquire about the critical data required to arrive in the system. Autofill elements can make filling the forms easier and less redundant, while they can also be used to check for apparent or common mistakes. The software will take the data into these forms and restore it into more detailed, classified layouts for better storage and examination.
Dealing with data entry tasks manually takes a lot of time and effort. And even after all that effort, the final output might be riddled with errors. Intelligent automation platforms like Nanonets or data entry services simplify the data entry process by automatically capturing data from incoming sources and updating the transformed data into required applications in real-time.
If you have similar requirements, feel free to contact our automation experts. You can set up a free consultation call with our team, where the experts will demonstrate how Nanonets can automate manual processes at your organization at a fraction of the cost.
Read more about data processing on Nanonets:
- Top data extraction tools for data-driven organizations
- Automate data entry using these tools
- Top 10 Data Migration Tools that you must know
- How to automate data processing in your organization?
Data entry software FAQs
Which is best software for data entry?
Here is the list of the best data entry software in 2023:
- Nintex RPA
- FoxTrot RPA
- Document AI
What applications are used for data entry?
You can use the following data entry applications to automate data entry in your organization:
- Nintex RPA
- FoxTrot RPA
- Document AI
How to select the best data entry system?
Choose a data entry system that integrates seamlessly with your existing workflow, offers high accuracy, has a user-friendly interface, and provides robust data security. It should also support customization to fit your specific needs.
Which software is most used for data entry?
Microsoft Excel is among the most commonly used software for data entry due to its widespread availability and strong data manipulation and analysis features.
What is a data entry software?
Data entry software is a tool that facilitates the input, storage, and management of data in digital form, often streamlining the process through automation and error reduction.
How do we automate data entry?
Automating data entry involves using software and technologies like optical character recognition (OCR), artificial intelligence (AI), and machine learning (ML) to capture and convert information from various sources into usable data with minimal human intervention.
10 May 2023: The blog with relevant, fresh content was updated on 10 May 2023.