11 Best Document Automation Software in 2022
Do you ever feel you don't have enough time or are drowning in paperwork?
If so, you are not alone yourself. Most professionals agree that manually managing documents takes a lot of time. Paper document management and filing methods used today are expensive, wasteful, and often ineffective. As per the facts,
- The ordinary North American uses 504.84 pounds of paper each year.
- Filing a document costs $20, finding a lost document costs $120, and reproducing a document costs $220.
However, there must be a better approach in today's quick-paced world. There is document automation software, thankfully.
We will learn more about the top 11 document automation software in the following paragraphs to find out how they may help you save hours of your time.
In case you're in a hurry, Nanonets is our top pick as a document automation platform followed by Adobe and Documate.
Best 11 Document Automation Software in 2022
- Adobe Acrobat DC
What is document automation software?
Document automation software helps you save time by streamlining your company procedures. Users may generate, change, edit, and manage documents based on various data points using this kind of software.
Using it makes it easier to create dynamic, editable templates that can be used to create commonly used documents. Using document automation software, you can quickly produce a broad range of documents, including contracts, bids, forms, proposals, and more.
Benefits of using document automation solutions
Reduce manual errors and save time
Document automation software helps save time by automating various repetitive operations, such as adding headers, page numbers, and tables, and formattings, such as font size and layout. Preparing papers manually in significant quantities also helps lower the possibility of human mistakes.
Nanonets can save more than 90% of the time by automating manual processes. See how you can save your time too.
Improve and standardized paper processes
Document automation software makes it easier to generate documents that are in keeping with your business' branding. Users may create and save templates with the usual text characteristics (type, font size, color, and file name), a corporate logo, and contact information. The program gives you total control over branding when distributing client-facing business papers.
To retain a strong brand presence and professionalism (corporate identity), you need all your papers to have the same appearance, utilizing the same logo, font, size, and colors everywhere. All of your publications can incorporate this aesthetic uniformity.
Best 11 Document Automation Software for your business.
1. Nanonets [Start your free trial]
Nanonets is a no-code document automation platform. Nanonets can automate all aspects of document processes from document capture, document verification, approvals, incident management, document storing, and more.
Users can use Nanonets to automate manual data entry from documents and improve document processing speeds. Nanonets can be integrated with 5000+ software in minutes.
Nanonets has an advanced OCR API that detects document types, extracts relevant information from the documents, and digitizes documents in minutes. Using Nanonets workflows, you can automate any process like customer onboarding, ID verification, invoice processes, account payables, and more with a click of a button.
Nanonets has multiple templates to automate document processes but you can also create your own AI model in <15 minutes.
Pros of using Nanonets
- Easily capture documents from data sources like Gmail, drive, outlook, and more.
- Extract data from documents with >95% accuracy
- Advanced OCR API
- Easy-to-use Interface
- No-code platform
- Automate any process with workflows
- Create complex logic functions to verify documents
- Templates and easy customization options
- Wide choice of integrations
- Role-based access control
- Audit Trail logs
- Transparent pricing - check pricing plans
- 24x7 support
Cons of using Nanonets
- No document generation options - Can be integrated with Microsoft word to input documents directly
- Can’t be used for e-sign - Can be integrated with other e-sign software
- No mobile app
Nanonets is trusted by over 30,000+ users for automating 30 million documents on the go! Here's what our super customers say about Nanonets.
Over 1000+ enterprises trust Nanonets to automate more than 30M+ documents yearly. Try Nanonets for document automation or schedule a call with us for free!
PandaDoc is popular document automation software created especially for the sales process and mainly geared towards creating documents to get them e-signed online. Expediting the design, review, and signing procedures for proposals, quotations, and contracts, aids sales teams in enhancing transaction processing.
New document creation makes it simple with a drag-and-drop editor, one-click uploads, and a collection of well-crafted templates. In addition, users may monitor consumer interaction with papers they've sent out and get real-time notifications when a document needs attention.
However, PandaDoc is inadequate as document automation software outside this use case due to its emphasis on sales papers. In addition, the starting price is $19 per user per month. But the document workflow capabilities are available on business and enterprise plans which start from $59/user/month.
Pros of using PandaDoc:
- Clean and simple to understand UI
- Preloaded templates available
- Ease of use
- Wide choice of integration options
- Tracks the number of times a prospect reads a quote
- Allows other fields and other info to be added
- Electronic signature
- Highly customizable
- Smooth user performance and content reporting
Cons of using PandaDoc:
- Poor integration with CRMs
- High pricing for automation features & large team size
- The UI could be overwhelming at first
- Occasional glitches
- Text fields are hard to edit
- Confusing Menu layouts with Lots of images and options in each menus option
- Difficulty in form naming
- Multiple users are required
- The functionality of moving tiles within templates can be improved
- More tutorials would be helpful
- Difficult to modify document processes
- No conditional logic on forms
The word "form" in the name of Jotform's primary capability is a clue. Since the company's start in 2006, over 15 million users have received over 1 billion form submissions. However, the simple form builder is more than a tool for gathering data. Though Jotform is mainly geared towards creating forms, it can also be used to automate document processes.
With Jotform's drag-and-drop editing capabilities and more than 1,200 pre-made templates that you can modify to fit your brand, it's simple to produce a professional PDF document.
The document automation provider features are still at a nascent stage but they’re a good fit for enterprises looking to embed forms on their customer-facing app to collect information.
Pros of using Jotform
- Easy to understand tables
- Allows customers to choose the right product based on a set of questions
- No setup fee
- Free/Freemium Version
- Response tracking
- Real-time results
- Best for form processing
Cons of using Jotform
- Intermittent slowness
- Non-automatical save disable button
- Problems synchronizing info between smartphone App and Web
- Slight improvements are required for ease of use
- Not necessarily intuitive for most users
- Improper PDF Downloading alignment
- Options for exporting to Excel should be more intelligently designed.
- Email editing could be enhanced with a wider selection of templates.
- The massive watermark at the bottom of the form
- Table fields can only be updated from forms, not the other way around
- Phone customer service and chat support can be improved
- Hidden pricing
Use Nanonets. No hidden pricing. Excellent customer support. Dependable workflow-based document automation software. Rated 4.9 on Capterra. Try for free now. No Credit Card is required.
Documate is a user-friendly, no-code legal document assembling software. It enables users to design unique online forms that automatically fill up Word or PDF documents with data.
To assist legal aid charities in creating client-facing processes, a team of attorneys and technologists created Documate in the beginning. Although lawyers seem to be the software's primary customers, any business may produce papers using Documate's simple facilities. The starting price is $99 per month with a 10 workflows limitation.
Pros of using Documate
- Good Cross-platform work like Windows and Mac
- More control over our data
- Easily Customizable Questionnaires
- Generates agreements and price-lists
- Lowers human error
Cons of using Documate
- Basic Document Management features
- Not All Features in Initial Tier
- Expensive for more features
- No Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- Long implementation process
- Inserting the code requires troubleshooting
- Fewer colors and design themes
- Geared towards lawyers
- Good for small businesses
- Not a great legal OCR engine
Automate legal documents and more! Try Nanonets for free now and process documents 10x faster and save 80% of costs! No Credit Card is required.
HotDocs, first released publicly in 1993, is the industry pioneer in document automation.
HotDocs has robust capabilities for automating intricate and unique document templates, but compared to competing systems, the setup and installation costs are higher. As a result, it makes it ideal for businesses that need to automate the generation of complicated, preexisting document sets they regularly utilize, such as commercial banks, corporate legal departments, and law firms.
Pros of using Hotdocs
- Automate document assembly
- Standardizes forms across teams
- Great for preparing legal documents
- Personalized training
- Integrates with Microsoft Word
- Geared towards law use cases
Cons of using Hotdocs
- Clumsy user interface
- No subscription options for freelancers or single users
- Complex codes used in the implementation
- Challenging to create fresh documentation
- Incompatible with High-DPI monitors
- Does not allow mass downloads
- Not a low-code interface
- Developer on a team is a must
- The back end is difficult to understand
- The data entry interview is crude at best
- Need to code to create your own professional user interface
- Very expensive
- No easy integrations
- To stay current with updated versions of Microsoft Office, fresh versions must be bought.
Automate document processes in a few clicks. Create workflows, extract information from documents and improve efficiency. Try Nanonets for free. No credit card is required.
An enormous business's ability to centrally manage, dynamically update, and quickly disseminate corporate information and assets across the organization is provided by the enterprise document automation platform Templafy.
A permission-based system allows managers and compliance teams management and quality control over all document assets, ensuring team members utilize only permitted information.
Employees can simplify the creation of contracts, proposals, and sales material inside their word processing software using Templafy's document automation tools.
Larger businesses can efficiently utilize Templafy since it needs at least 50 users to function. No pricing is provided on the website.
Pros of using Templafy
- Simple user interface to make choices and see results
- Puts the power of customization in the user's hand
- Quick set up and powerful
- Great Customer support
- Greater productivity
Cons of using Templafy
- Web-based user interface and independence from Microsoft software
- The software formerly had difficulties with double authentication for certain users.
- For the time being, the software does not enable deep link sharing.
- There is currently no smartphone version available.
- Geared towards document generation rather than document process automation
- Expensive for small businesses
Looking for trusted document automation software? Switch to Nanonets. Used by 30,000+ users from 1000+ companies.
Conga Composer can be the answer for you if your sales team is seeking document automation software to utilize with Salesforce. Conga develops native Salesforce solutions that integrate Salesforce data with processes and automated document generation.
Conga Composer, the first document creation product to appear on Salesforce's AppExchange in 2007, now holds the top spot for document automation.
Users of Conga Composer can easily create, plan, and distribute documents from inside Salesforce. Even after the paper has been delivered, you may keep tabs on how your clients interact with it.
Conga also offers a variety of additional Salesforce-related document management applications. You must get in touch with the business for a quotation since pricing is done on a personalized basis.
Pros of using Conga
- Supports Multiple Users
- Salesforce Integration
- Electronic signatures
- Transparency of edits among team members
- Customers can somewhat quickly sign the agreements
- Pulls in all quote info easily
Cons of using Conga
- UI can be more interactive
- It continues to use outdated VF pages.
- The flow of the template builder can be improved
- Certification Maintenance is relatively tough
- Difficult syrup - It takes a certain amount of training and hands-on experience to set up this on your own.
- It's challenging to replicate contracts using the parent feature.
- Some composer settings can't be added straight from the solution builder.
- Reporting errors
- Salesforce Lightning does not support all product features
- Formatting is inadequate
- Sometimes it might be challenging to merge fields for photos or signatures.
Use document automation software that integrates with all software and delivers on all promises. Join 30,000 users in automating documents on Nanonets.
Small and solo law firms searching for essential document automation software suited to their requirements would love this Microsoft Word add-in. Users may create various templates and automate document production processes with Woodpecker, all from inside Word.
Users can optimize their document processes with over 2,000 software connections using Zapier and Woodpecker's open API. Costs begin at $39 per month (for an annual plan) with limitations
Pros of using Woodpecker
- Accelerates drafting of legal documents
- Integration with Microsoft word
- Easy to add variables via the sidebar
- Good for document assembly
Cons of using Woodpecker
- Geared towards law users
- Clumsy user interface
- Has a learning curve - not intuitive enough
- Not exactly document automation - more towards document generation & templatization
Adobe Acrobat allows you to easily create, edit, convert, share, sign, and merge documents with Acrobat from inside the Adobe platform. As a result, you can build fluid digital experiences that make it simple for your team to work together and communicate from any device, anytime, anywhere.
Adobe document automation allows organizations to create PDF documents from word, page, or ppt formats. With document generation API, you can insert code in your word document to create invoices, or any other PDF or word document automatically.
Pros of using Adobe
- Intuitive User interface
- Automatically create PDF documents using a template
- Password protection for enhanced security
- Audio speech capability
Cons of using Adobe
- Expensive as compared to other tools
- The free version lacks basic features
- OCR API does not capture text perfectly.
- Lack of integrations
- Can’t add multiple signatures to a single document
- Longer load time
- To automate, you need to use the Adobe Pro Wizard version
- Cannot automate document processes like approvals or verification.
Expert teams like Legal and Compliance can make their expertise digitally accessible using Bryter.
Bryter's no-code platform can be used to generate documents and use document workflows to automate document processes. Bryter can be used to build digital applications without writing a single line of code. Bryter works towards enabling digitization in organizations with simple yet powerful applications. No pricing information is provided.
Pros of using Bryter
- No code platform
- Pre-existing templates for document automation
- Advanced-Data visualization
Cons of using Bryter
- Speculative Design
- Efforts required to make it work
- Geared towards contract generation
- Difficult to set up
- Templates are not very intuitive to use
- Lacks accessibility features
XaitPorter includes a built-in workflow, is based on a database to facilitate information reuse, and automatically handles formatting, layout, and numbering. Tenders, contracts, license applications, field development plans, sound reports, yearly reports, and many other documents can be automated XaitPorter.
Formatting, layout, and numbering are all taken care of automatically. XaitPorter ensures that our customers can manage, preserve, and use their material more effectively since it is based on a database.
Pros of using Xait
- Automates document generation and PDF creation
- Can use workflows to automate document creation
- option to archive previous RFPs
- Simple to use
- Enhances document collaboration and co-authoring
Cons of using Xait
- Geared towards co-authoring documents
- No advanced document process automation features
- No pricing provided
- The new version has bugs understanding tables
- Word import isn’t bug-free
- UI can be better
- Dashboards are difficult to understand
Switch to Nanonets, an easy-to-use no-code platform to automate your document process in 15 minutes. No hassle, No credit card, No spam from our side. Only smooth automated document processes.
Which is the best document automation tool?
We’ve listed the top document automation tools available in the market in the blog. Try to compare your requirements with the features of all the document automation tools. Try their free trials and select the best automation tool.
Nanonets is a robust solution to automate all your document processes if we consider some major features of document automation software.
How to select the best automation tool?
Selecting the best document automation platform can play a vital role in the successful implementation of automation throughout the organization. Finding the right system that is flexible, customizable, and fits your requirements is crucial. With so many vendors in the market, this decision requires a lot of research. But don’t worry. We’re here to simplify the process of document automation vendor selection.
Evaluate vendors on the basis of the following criteria and find the best solution for you.
- Document Type
- Accuracy of OCR models
- Exception Handling processes
- Workflow automation
- Template vs Custom Models
- User Friendliness
26 August 2022: The blog has been updated on 26th August 2022 with relevant fresh content.