How to convert PDF to DOCX?
2.5 Trillion PDFs exist worldwide, and more than 3 million new PDFs are added every day.
But have you tried extracting text and tables from PDF? Or collaborating over a PDF, recommending changes, or editing a PDF? You should know it’s difficult.
Converting PDF to DOCX makes PDF documents more accessible and easily editable. Nanonets offers a free PDF to DOCX converter. Let’s see how to go about it!
2 Ways to Convert PDF to DOCX
In this blog, we will discuss these 2 ways in which businesses can convert their PDF documents to editable DOCX files:
- Using a free PDF Converter
- Using Google Docs Online
How to convert PDF to DOCX using PDF Converter?
PDF converter tools are online tools that can help you convert PDF into various formats like Excel, Word, Docx, text, or more. Most PDF converter tools are free, easy to use, and great for single use.
To convert PDF to DOCX, you can use Nanonets’ free PDF to Text converter which can convert PDF to text format with higher accuracy, handle complex layouts, and preserve the formatting in most cases. Let’s see how you can use it.
- Go to Nanonets’ PDF to Word converter tool
- Upload your PDF.
- Let the tool convert and extract text & tables from the PDF.
- The tool will automatically download the text file on your desktop.
- You can open a new Word document and paste the text.
Sounds simple, right? Give it a try.
How to convert PDF to DOCX using Google Docs?
Google OCR can be used to convert simple text-based PDFs to DOCX documents efficiently. Here’s how to use Google Docs OCR for PDF to DOCX conversion
- Open your drive account.
- Select +New (on top left) > File Upload > And upload your file
- Once the File is uploaded, open your file. Select Open with Google Docs on the top.
- This will open a new document with your PDF text in a new Google Document
Google Drive OCR is well-suited for text-based PDFs. The OCR fails to work on PDFs with complex layouts and may require a lot of formatting.
Nanonets - Enterprise Document Processing Platform
Nanonets is an AI-based intelligent document processing platform with powerful OCR software and a no-code workflow management platform. Nanonets can automate any kind of manual PDF process like
- PDF data extraction,
- View/Edit or Remove PDF Metadata,
- Document Archiving,
- Document Approvals
- Converting handwritten documents to text,
Nanonets is an online OCR software; therefore, you can use all the features from your browser without downloading anything.
It is a perfect option for businesses of all sizes looking to optimize their document processes. Apart from these, here are some reasons to go for Nanonets:
- 1 Day Setup
- Free Migration Assistance
- Free Trial
- 24x7 Support
- No-code intelligent automation
- The dedicated customer success manager
- Cloud and On-premise hosting
- SOC2 and GDPR compliance platform
- Automated Audit Trail
- Automated Payments Platform
- 5000+ integrations
- Trusted by 500+ enterprises
- Works with 200+ Languages
- No post-processing required
Do you want to automate any document processes in your organization? We would love to understand your issues and help you rectify them quickly. Book a free consultation call with our automation experts.
Converting PDF to DOCX has become easier with platform tools like Nanonets PDF to text. Enterprises need to shift from manually converting PDF to DOCX to using automated platforms like Nanonets to save time, effort, and money in the long run.
If your organization wants to implement any document automation, feel free to contact our team. Our automation experts will help you throughout the process and set up workflows so you can process documents without hassle.
Check out our other tools:
- PDF to Excel
- PDF to CSV
- Image to Text
- Searchable PDF
- PDF to JSON
- PDF to XML
- PDF OCR
- Barcode Scanner
- QR Code Scanner
- Website Scraper
- Image to Excel
How do I convert a PDF to a DOCX document for free?
You can use Nanonets PDF to text tool to convert PDF to work for free. All you need to do is:
- Open Nanonets PDF to text tool
- Upload your PDF documents
- Click Convert
- Download your text files
Can you turn a PDF into a DOCX doc?
Yes, you can easily convert PDF to DOCX doc using online tools, PDF converters, PDF processing platforms, or just copying and pasting the text. You can select the way to convert PDF to DOCX by considering that some tools might not preserve original formatting, and the resulting document can have formatting errors.
Here are some common ways to convert PDF to DOCX in 5 different ways:
- Using Automator on Mac
- Using Google Docs Online
- PDF Converter
- Automated PDF to DOCX conversion
- Using PDF to DOCX Conversion mobile apps