Top Electronic Document Management System in 2023
The world has become digital, and so has office paperwork. Every office creates, collaborates, shares, and stores thousands of electronic documents annually. It’s easy to get lost in the chaos. And therefore, we have an electronic document management system that organizes documents so your team can access important documents on the go.
There are lots of electronic document management software available online. Organizations need to choose the software that fits their needs and use case. In this blog, we'll look at the top 5 electronic document management systems on the market and highlight the features that make them stand out.
- Logical Doc
Whether you're a small business owner, a freelancer, or simply someone looking to get your digital files in order, this blog will help you find the perfect EDMS for your needs.
Top EDMS in 2023
Nanonets is a comprehensive electronic document management system and intelligent document processing solution. It has an easy-to-use interface and advanced features for end-to-end automated document management.
One of the platform's core features is that it automatically captures data from any kind of document using OCR technology. You can also create automated workflows to complete document tasks like document classification, storage, indexing, and document control, or even create approval workflows to validate document details.
With its no-code interface, 5000+ integrations, and 15-day free trial, Nanonets can be used from day 1 to manage business documents and automate manual processes.
- No-code user-friendly interface
- Excellent document classifier
- 24x7 Customer Support
- 5000+ integrations
- Automate manual document process with no-code workflows
- Password protection, Role Based on document access
- Secure document storage
- Extract data from records with >95% accuracy
- Easy-to-use Interface - learn how to use it in 30 minutes or less
- Templates and easy customization options
- No document generation options
- Can’t be used for document signature
Do you have a use case in mind? Hop on a short 10-minute call with our automation experts to optimize document management in your organization.
M-Files is an easy-to-use electronic document management system that helps to manage documents effectively. It reduces the time in storing and sharing files and documents, which boosts the organization's productivity.
M-Files electronic document management system helps track the changes in files and documents effectively and effortlessly. Finally, it allows the user to have a free trial to try the software before buying the pack.
- Enables the user to access documents from any device
- Allows users to track changes made to files
- You need to download the software to use it
- Complicated GUI configuration
- There are limitations on counts in vaults
- Complicated admin tool
- It should enhance the user interface.
Templafy is a document generation platform that provides electronic document management modules for businesses seeking to organize business documents.
Templafy offers many tools for document creation, content collaboration, digital signature, and document tracking. With cloud storage, Templafy allows users to access documents easily from any mobile device.
- Easy document generation and tracking options
- Excellent document generation integrations
- It may take extra time to load the documents
- May face issues while logging in
- It may encounter compatibility issues sometimes
- It could be expensive for small organizations
#4. Logical Doc
Logical Doc electronic document management software is a Java-based open-source system that helps in business process automation.
LogicalDoc enables users and organizations to securely and reliably organize, index, retrieve, control, and distribute crucial business documents, focusing on business process automation and quick content retrieval.
- Great for information management
- Open-source plug-ins are available
- Outdated UI
- Expensive for small organizations
- Customization requires Programming Knowledge
- Difficult to learn for beginners
- No phone support
#5. Ascensio System OnlyOffice
Ascensio System OnlyOffice electronic document management system is simple to use EDMS for small businesses. It helps share files and documents; it is also effortless to manage tasks by integrating files, emails, URL links, etc., into your system.
Moreover, this document management system supports CIFS (Common Interface File System), enabling the compatibility of files and documents with OS (operating system) like Unix, etc. Moreover, this document management system works with the support of API support.
- Compatible with cloud services
- Easy storage and sharing features
- Good for document generation
- Lacks document automation
- Very less cloud document storage
- Role-based access is difficult to monitor
- Difficult user interface
Nanonets - A complete EDMS for your business
Due to this combination, Nanonets can solve various business tasks like automating document upload, classifying, identifying duplicate documents, vendor payments, document approval management, and more.
Nanonets simplifies document management. As soon as a document enters your ecosystem, you can automatically send the document to Nanonets. The platform will read, extract relevant information, categorize, and index documents, and then send the document to storage after completing relevant checks using workflow triggers. The platform also converts documents into searchable PDFs, making it easier to search for your documents with a simple keyword search.
For example, an invoice touches your inbox. Nanonets will
- extract data from invoices,
- check for duplicates,
- match the purchase order, sales order, and invoice,
- categorize the spending using GL codes,
- get the payment approvals, and
- finally, make the payment.
All of this can be set up in Nanonets without writing a single line of code.
You can also use Nanonets as a white-label solution in your existing electronic document management system. Are you looking for a similar partnership? Reach out to us.
5 Reasons you should use Nanonets
The benefits of Nanonets go beyond being an easy-to-use platform with multiple use cases. Here are five reasons you should consider using Nanonets to manage your electronic documents efficiently.
Automate data extraction with 95%
Nanonets has the best-in-class OCR software, which recognizes and extracts data points from your documents without any template. You can create your custom OCR model in 15 minutes on the platform.
The platform works with 200+ languages and can easily extract information from multi-lingual, multi-page, structured, or unstructured data extraction from documents. You can use the extracted data to trigger workflows.
Have a document? Just upload the document and extract data from it on the go.
Automate Manual Processes with no code workflows
You can use Nanonets workflows to automate
- Document Capture
- Document Extraction
- Document Retrieval
- Document Matching
- Document Management
- Document Review
- Customer Onboarding
- KYC Automation
- ID Verification
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
And more. The possibilities are endless.
Integrate easily with 5000+ integration options
Nanonets integrates with your existing tech stack easily with out-of-the-box & API integrations. Ensure a seamless data flow to and from Nanonets and your business applications.
No-code & Start using from Day 1
You can start using the platform from day 1.
Protect sensitive documents with role-based access & secure storage
Protect your business documents with restrictive access and store documents in secure cloud storage. Nanonets is GDPR compliant, SOC2 certified, and available in on-premise hosting, which allows you to modify Nanonets according to your security requirements.
Apart from the above, Nanonets stands apart from its competitors with the following:
- Free migration assistance
- Complete technical training
- Professional services
- Dedicated customer manager
- Transparent pricing plans
- 24x7 support
- 14-Day Free Trial
The benefits of electronic document management systems make it crucial for any business looking to optimize its document management processes. Choosing the best software for your requirements requires a lot of research.
Let our team simplify your decision. Reach out to our experts to see how you can use Nanonets to solve your business requirements and automate your mundane electronic document management tasks.
Let us help you optimize your document management processes. Book a free consultation call to see how you can save 80% costs & 90% time with Nanonets automation.
Read more about document management:
- 10 Best Document Management Software in 2023
- 10 Best Document Automation Software in 2023
- 5 Best Document Scanning Software in 2023
- Best Legal Document Management System for Lawyers
- Why should you shift towards modern document processing in 2023?
- How to optimize document security?
- How to archive documents effectively?