Top 8 Russian OCR Software in 2022
Over 155M people speak Russian, which is around 2.2% of the world population right now. Which is huge.
Now whether you’re working with Russian documents or looking to extract text from Russian music posters, Russian OCR software can help you complete your goals easily!
Any task related to converting scanned Russian text to actual editable text can be an easy task for many Russian OCR tools out there. But which one should you choose?
We will make this easy for you. In this blog, we will take a look at the top 8 Russian OCR software, and evaluate their pros and cons in detail.
What is Russian OCR?
Russian OCR is using the OCR engine to convert Russian PDF, document,or image into editable text format. You can use Russian OCR software to make searchable PDFs, convert images to text, extract text from PDFs, and more.
Why would you use Russian OCR software?
Well, suppose you have a Russian document and you want to extract text from the document. There are two ways to do it, either by manually entering the text from the document or by using OCR software to extract the text for you.
Manual Russian text extraction can have many drawbacks over automatic extraction.
- Manual Data extraction is error-prone. You can make a lot of mistakes while manually extracting text.
- It is time-consuming. You have to look at the document while typing everything slowly as opposed to the Russian OCR tool which takes seconds to process 1000+ documents.
With Russian OCR software, you can save time and enhance efficiency while working with Russian documents.
So now, without further ado, let’s take look at the top Russian OCR platforms in 2022.
Top 8 Russian OCR software in 2022
Nanonets is an advanced AI-based OCR software with 95%+ OCR precision for 200+ languages, including Russian. Using in-built advanced OCR and automated workflows, you can utilize Nanonets to extract relevant Russian text from Russian documents like passports, licenses, invoices, receipts, bills, and other documents.
Nanonets is an intelligent document automation outlet that automates every characteristic of document processing, like data capture, document upload, data matching, document approvals, document verification, and document storage.
The no-code platform, modern user interface, and 5000+ integrations make
Nanonets an outstanding choice as a Russian OCR software. With 95% OCR precision, it tops most Russian OCR software in the market. Also, with its free and pay-as-you-go plans, you can begin using it immediately. Check Pricing
How does Nanonets work as Russian OCR software?
Nanonets interface is pretty easy to work with. Let's see how Nanonets extracts data from Russian licenses with a pre-trained Driver's license OCR model. It doesn't matter what operating system you have. Nanonets is a great choice for OCR software on Mac and Windows easily
Create an account on Nanonets
Upload your images/documents on Nanonets
Once you've selected the model, upload the images on Nanonets. Here, we are using these two sample Driver licenses to test the OCR software.
Run the OCR model
Wait for a minute while Nanonets processes your documents.
Check the results
After the document is processed, you can check OCR results by clicking on the document. You can extract more data by using the drag and drop toolbox.
Export the Russian OCR text
Once you're happy with the Russian OCR results, you can extract the data or sync data with any of the Databases of your choice.
Interested to see how we can do the same for your documents? Schedule a 10 minute call with us for a free product demo.
Pros of using Nanonets
- Modern UI
- Simple to use
- No-code platform
- 24x7 Customer Assistance
- No hidden Cost - check pricing plans
- Self Learning - Accuracy enhanced over time
- Pre-trained OCR models for receipts, invoices, Accounts payable, and more.
- Build Custom AI models in <15 minutes
- 5000+ integrations with API and Zapier
- Cloud Hosting and On-premise Options
- Powerful Annotation teams to code your models
Cons of using Nanonets
- It cannot be utilized for translation of the text
- Table Extraction is not accessible in freemium
- No mobile application
i2OCR is an online Russian OCR (Optical Character Recognition) that enables Russian text to be formatted, changed, indexed, searched, or translated. Nearly all Russian characters, even English letters incorporated in the file, are understood by i2OCR.
Also, no information is ignored. It can only OCR Russian picture files, though. Even though it facilitates exporting files in editable layouts like Word, the formatting is hardly compromised.
Pros of using i2OCR
- Support for more than sixty languages
- Upload an image from a URL
- No Registration
Cons of using i2OCR
- Poor quality
- Inadequate formatting
- Only enable text extraction from images
- 75% to 80% OCR precision
- Long wait for the result
Get started with Nanonets. Extract data with 95%+ accuracy. Start your free trial today. No credit card is required.
OCR Russian Word
OCR Russian Word is an ioS Russian OCR application to extract Russian text from pictures.
Just snap a picture, and the application will automatically provide text for you. The application delivers accurate Russian translation and also enables you to scan the text on the internet immediately from the app.
It is a great OCR tool for people looking to extract text from camera pictures.
Pros of using OCR Russian Word
- Scan messages from the camera directly.
- Translate to discover the meaning of the Russian words online
- Best for personal usage
Cons of using OCR Russian Word
- It cannot be used for documents.
- Low precision for night images
- Low OCR accuracy as accuracy depends on the camera
- Not the best fit for large-scale automation.
Text Scanner Russian is a Russian OCR application for Android users. The Russian OCR application is available on Playstore and can extract Russian text from camera images just like Russian Word.
The OCR precision is not high but the team is working on improving their OCR precision. The extracted Russian text can be duplicated and translated using any other translation app on the phone.
Pros of using Text Scanner Russian
- Free Google Playstore application
- Extract Russian text on the go with camera images
- Works on any Android smartphone
Cons of using Text Scanner Russian
- No information about OCR accuracy
- Cannot preserve the format of the image
- Lor Russian OCR accuracy
- Can’t translate text directly from
- It cannot be used for documents
- High dependence on image quality
Automate Russian document processing with Nanonets. Process 50k+ documents on 10x faster. Upload your documents now. No credit card is required.
Document AI can be used for multiple languages including Russian. The Russian OCR software can be used for the extraction of data from Russian documents with high precision. The software utilizes high-quality training data to train Russian OCR prototypes.
Pros of using Document AI
- Simple to set up
- Incorporates very well with other Google services
- Storage of information
Cons of using Document AI
- AI modules lack adequate documentation
- Needs more templates and options
- Difficult to share files
- Formatting options are less diversified.
- Old API documentation
Check out Nanonets in action! No credit card is required.
Textract OCR can extract text from documents and functions well in the Russian language. The Tesseract OCR is an open-source OCR engine accessible under an Apache license and can be utilized using an API to conduct Russian OCR tasks.
But with no GUI, you need to work with other 3rd part applications in order to get a user interface to work with.
Pros of using Tesseract OCR
- Pay-as-you-go plans
- Creating a training set is simple
- Sponsors over 100 languages
Cons of using Tesseract OCR
- Not user-friendly
- Does not have a graphic user interface
- PDFs are not supported
- Can not be trained as per need
- OCR precision differs
ABBYY OCR software is famous for its ease of use when digitizing company documents. ABBYY's latest AI-based OCR technology enables you to edit, access, protect, collaborate, and share documents in the same workflow.
ABBYY is focused on paperless offices. The ABBYY Finereader OCR tool can recognize multiple languages including Russian. Utilizing the ABBYY Russian OCR tool lets your workers focus more on their aptitude and less on data entry.
Pros of using ABBYY
- Cost-effective solution
- Flexible licensing
Cons of using ABBYY
- Formatting precision issues occur.
- Doesn't support conversion to MS Excel
- The Linux version has been phased out.
- Does not support OCR for Mac users
- Collaboration features of document management software like comments management are difficult to use.
- A versioning strategy of the work done or the editions that have been protected in the files
Enolsoft OCR is a credible program for the Russian OCR as it facilitates users to solve their difficulties with OCR in PDF or image. All systems can be done effortlessly on a user-friendly interface.
This software also functions very well in transforming Russian PDF or images into Excel, Word, PPT, Pages, Keynote, EPUB, HTML, Text, etc. Moreover, Enolsoft supports encrypted PDF files.
Pros of using Enolsoft
- Keep original layout
- Easy Editing and saves time
- Highly accurate OCR results
Cons of using Enolsoft
- Formatting precision issues occur.
- Can not be trained as per need
- Does not translate text immediately
- Editing not up to the mark
Which is the best Russian OCR software?
After carefully assessing all the prominent Russian OCR software choose the software that fits your requirements. Out of the above-mentioned Russian OCR Software, every software has its own pros and cons.
Just for your reference, here are our best picks:
- Best Russian OCR software: Nanonets
- Best Russian OCR Android Application: Text Scanner Russian
- Best Russian OCR ioS application: Russian Word
The accuracy of all the Russian OCR Software varies by document quality and the OCR models. The best among them all as per the quality and precision is Nanonets, as in the case of Nanonets, these OCR models evolve with time.
We hope that the description of these apps can help you formulate the proper judgment about which Russian OCR application to utilize.
24 August 2022 : The blog has been updated on 24 August 2022 with relevant fresh content.